We will list nearby resorts to get away from the strenuous working rhythm of the people living in Istanbul for a short time. Holiday resorts will give you the advantage of having a return distance from Istanbul on the weekend. This article is a good resource for those looking for a peaceful holiday spot on the weekend.
KUMBAG / TEKIRDAG
Kumbağ is 195 kilometers from Istanbul. You can reach by car in about 2 hours. There are giant vineyards and wine cellar in kumbağ. You can visit these vineyards and you can buy and taste home-made wines if you want.
You can set off on Friday night at the weekend and return on Sunday night. Since there is only a 2-hour distance, your weekend will be full. It is recommended that you take Village Cheese and watermelon with you on your way back to Istanbul.
THINGS TO DO IN KUMBAG
- You can make tandem paragliding in the village of Uçmakdere near kumbağ.
- You can barbecue with your family or friends in green grass.
- You can go to the Fair area and the amusement park in Kumbağ.
MARMARA EREGLISI / TEKIRDAG
It is one of the closest holiday destinations to Istanbul. It is only 90 km from Istanbul. You can drive in an hour and a half. You will see the sign after passing the Botaş facilities.
The sea is generally clean. If the tide comes out, the sea can be polluted instantly. The beach is made up of sand. You can choose your accommodation option as a hostel and rental house. There is not much seaweed in the sea.
THINGS TO DO IN MARMARA EREGLISI
- On the beach, you can rent and party one of the houses at a distance of zero from the sea.
- You can rent fishing gear and try fishing.
- You can rent a sea bike and have a fun day with friends or family.
ORMANLI / CATALCA
The forest is a quarter of Çatalca. The distance from the European side of Istanbul is 95 kilometers. Ormanlı is one of the cleanest and quiet seas you can find in Istanbul.
Although it is on the Black Sea coast, its waters are still in the summer. Paragliding flights are made on the coast of the forest. You can enjoy watching people flying in the sun. The beach stretches for 9 miles and has a wide beach. There are also a few tea gardens on the coast of the forest.
THINGS TO DO IN ORMANLI
- You can watch those flying by paragliding from the coast of the forest.
- You can have a fun day with the barbecue on the beach.
- You can have fun on the shore with the floating sea of the forest.
KARASU / SAKARYA
The distance from Istanbul is 200 kilometers. You can reach by car in approximately 3 hours. The beach consists of sand. It is one of the new popular resorts. Tourism investments continue.
Although the sea is connected to the Black Sea coast, there is not much wave due to the 9 wave break blocks placed along the coast. The district is an advanced Center. There is one Aquapark in Karasu. You can rent a boat and sail to the sea.
THINGS TO DO IN KARASU
- Sakarya’s unique food, you can eat dried beans with pot.
- You can have a fun day with the Aquapark near Karasu.
- Rent a motor Atv and take a nice tour in the forest area.
AĞVA / SILE
Sile, which is closer to the Anatolian side, is 120 kilometers from the European side. You can reach by car in approximately an hour and a half. Buses to Agva from the Anatolian side. You can stay in hostels in agva.
Ağva is a beautiful resort with fruit orchards and green areas in general. For those who want to spend a peaceful holiday, you can take the weekend. You can climb to The Crying rock on the agva Coast. You can taste organic village products in agva villages.
THINGS TO DO IN AGVA
- You can visit the orchards and buy them from organic fruits.
- You can set up a tent on the beach and enjoy your day.
- You can climb to The Crying rock on the beach in the Sea.